Thursday, February 17, 2011

Interrupted by Carlos

I was busy telling you the story of my books and how they came about - until I was rudely interrupted by Carlos.

Who's Carlos?

Not the Rev Carlos Marcal, who is one of the men who translated my most recent book, and also one of the men responsible for the translation of the Bible into Tetun Prasa. Oh no, Rev Carlos is a polite and godly man whose work is a blessing to our brothers and sisters in Timor Leste.

No, this particular Carlos was Tropical Cyclone Carlos, who came to visit Darwin, caused a lot of rain, flooding, fallen trees and general mess. We lost power for 12 hours and had no internet connection for a couple of days so I was unable to ensure everyone that Carlos's bark was worse than his bite. Or rather, that our great God, who controls the wind and the waves, has, in His mercy, left Darwin soggy, but by and large, safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment