Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A book begins ... with an idea

Every book must start somewhere. Sometimes it begins with a casual suggestion. In this case, my brother suggested, 'Why not a parable?' Why indeed not? I put the idea to our friends in Timor-Leste. And at this stage it looks like the next book may be about the Prodigal Son. It is a case of...watch this space.
And watch closely, because I will not be writing it. Rather, it will be written in Timor-Leste. Most likely by one of the pastors of the Igreja Evangelica Presbiteriana ba Timor-Leste. They know their people. They know their culture. They can teach their children far better than I. It was never my intention to remain writing these books, although I am more than happy to continue the illustrating at this stage and certainly the publishing. But to be publishing books written by faithful men and women of the church in Timor - that was always my vision.

Please uphold this new venture in your prayers.

2 comments:

  1. Great news indeed. May the Lord prosper their writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely wonderful that the people themselves see the need and are wanting to write these stories. Much more effective - and a lot less hassles than you had with writing and then having it translated!

    ReplyDelete