Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Ministry and the Body of Christ

Whether you are involved in a ministry like Grasa Mesak, working overseas in some far away country or pastoring the congregation down the road, I guess you do not work and minister outside the Body of Christ. For those overseas, like in Timor-Leste, the prayers of faithful friends are cherished. For those even more isolated, there is also the knowledge that men and women of Christ have walked before them. We read the words of the apostles and many, many godly men and women through the ages, and we know we are part of a Kingdom that extends across the globe and back through time.

For me, there are so many people that I have met along my walk - people that God has put in my path because He wanted me walking in the direction of His choosing, by His abundant grace. One of these people was Phil Zamagias, former Flying Bible Man, who, at a difficult time in my life reminded me to wait on the Lord. I had no idea what God was preparing for me - a ministry that would use all the skills He had given me. Skills that had just been waiting dormant until now.

Wait on the Lord. It is a message I want to, in turn, pass on to all those who wonder what it is that God would have them do. Wait on the Lord. In His own time, He gives us the tasks that He wishes us to do. Sometimes we may feel so strongly there is something else, something more. Maybe there is. Wait on the Lord.

Thanks, Phil, for reminding me of that. Even if you don't remember the conversation. Many people in the Northern Territory were blessed by God through Phil during his time here. But my friends, Phil, in his best Arnie voice, dons his dark glasses and says "I'll be back!"

1 comment: